Here is the first in a series of five short videos in which Dr. Stanley E. Porter of McMaster Divinity College in Hamilton, Ontario answers questions about his recent book How We Got the New Testament: Text, Transmission, Translation (Baker Academic, 2013). Here’s the topic covered by each video, followed by its length.
- Why did you write How We Got the New Testament? (1:05)
- The Reliability of the Bible (2:15)
- Eclectic vs. Single Manuscript (1:56)
- Using How We Got the New Testament in the Classroom (2:09)
- Scholarly Guidance for Popular Questions (1:29)
There are links at the end of each video that lead from one to the next so that you can watch them in sequence.